Eligius Preis 2019
The Eligius Preis is the most important prise in Austria, that celebrates art jewelry. The prise is awarded every 3 years, this being the 6th edition.
This year I am one of the 13 nominees for the award, with my jewelry series “A Love Story”. The selected brooches and necklaces will be exhibited in:
- MAK, Museum für angewandte Kunst, Vienna, 6th – 24th March, with opening on the 5th of March 2019.
- Kunst im Traklhaus in Salzburg where the exhibition is continued from 17th of May until 6th of July 2019.
- Schmuckmuseum Pforzheim in Germany, in autumn 2019.
This year’s award was judged by:
- Anne-Katrin Rossberg, curator of the MAK Museum metal collection and Wiener Werkstätte archive.
- Giampaolo Babetto, Italian jewelry artist.
- Cornelie Holzach, Director of Schmuckmuseum Pforzheim.
Through deconstructing his old used roller-skates, in this jewelry series, I narrate a love story. It is a collection of memories materialised in brooches, necklaces, bracelets and rings. The pieces are brought together through one color each. I use 3 colours: denim blue, a very dark grey and white, colours that come from the ones the roller-skates had.
I hope to see many of you at the Eligius Preis exhibition opening on the 5th of March 2019, at MAK Vienna.